Reflection

In the blink of an eye, three months just flew by. At the start, I set to improve myself and I'm glad I persevered through this module with a better version of myself. I'm happy that I went through this module and I learnt a lot not just on writing a good letter and report but also stepping out of my comfort zone and speak out my idea with confidence. I really appreciate the idea that we could give constructive feedback to one another because this allows me to learn about my strength and weakness. I can also help others by giving my opinion from my point of view which they may not see. I still have a long way to improve on my oral and writing skills but I will embrace what I have learnt and continue to strive for the future.

In the presentation showcase, I participated as a presenter as part of SmartWhiz. It was a nerve-racking experience as it was my very first time to present in front of such a large crowd. I'm glad that my team accepted the opportunity and went for it. In the end, we won second place and I'm proud to say we preformed to our utmost and did not have any regrets. This showcase allowed my team to present to the cohort what we had prepared since the start of the module with the improvement we made from all the constructive feedback from both the professor and my classmates. I learnt a lot from other teams, such as the unique ideas and the ways they used to present their products. One of the team caught my attention with their real application showcase, it was a good visual effect for the audience and I'm very impressed with their efforts. In a nutshell, I really enjoyed the times I spent in this module and thank you, Professor Brad, for all the efforts you have given to the class.

Comments

  1. Dear Javier,

    Thank you for this solid reflection. You made an effort to mention the place that feedback placed in our learning journey. I'm happy that you could see value in that and that your confidence level for speaking your ideas improved. I'm also glad to know that you learned so much from participating in the showcase, both as a member of a winning team and as an ausience member. Your team really made a stellar performance!

    All in all, you made a very strong effort this term, and I appreciate the hard work and the willingness to leave your comfort zone. I wish you all the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts